Memorial Hall is requesting that visitors strictly adhere to the following Public Health guidelines:
- Admission tickets are available and should be purchased online prior to arrival. Please call the museum at 504-523-4522 or send an email to CMHonlinereservation@gmail.com to request a reservation. A limited number of walk-up reservations will be available.
- Museums are required by the City of New Orleans to operate under the same guidelines as restaurants. Museums must utilize a reservation system to track name and phone number of visitors, keep this information for 21 days, and provide it to the Louisiana Department of Health if requested for contact tracing purposes. This is Mandatory Safety Requirements for Phase One in New Orleans.
- Please social distance when visiting the museum—maintain a minimum distance of six feet from visitors not with your accompanying group. Please adhere to signs that limit the number of visitors present at a particular exhibit or section of museum.
- Museum visitation will be capacity controlled. Please follow directional signage.
- We are requiring the use of face coverings for all staff, volunteers and visitors. A limited number of masks will be available at the Museum entrance if you do not have one.
- Hand sanitizer stations are positioned around campus. Please use them and the washing stations in our public restrooms.
- Oversized bags and luggage are not allowed in the Museum’s galleries. Coat and bag checking is temporarily unavailable.
- In accordance with official city guidelines, seniors and people with serious medical conditions should consider visiting us at a safer time, during a later phase of the city’s reopening.
- If you are not feeling well, please plan to visit another day.
Confederate Memorial Hall opened its doors in New Orleans on January 8, 1891, and since that time has been commemorating the military history and heritage of the South. The museum is the oldest in Louisiana and houses one of the largest collections of Confederate memorabilia in the United States.